Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hump Day

I'm not going to lie. Today started out rough. Monte cried like he was DYING when Jared left for work, so I got up and let him, Jack and Patrick out of their pens just so Monte could poop on the rug. Very frustrating. So I put him back in his pen for a bit and let him out and he did it again - but I caught him right when he started and put him in his litter and locked him in. I wasn't letting him out because I KNEW he had to go. He didn't go. For 2 hours he was in there, but seriously... there can't be multiple accidents a day on the carpet. Finally he went in his box so I let him out. He's been great since. No more accidents today. A big problem is when we leave he just wails. It seriously sounds like someone is killing him. I wouldn't be shocked if a neighbor complained. That all sounds harsh - but its the truth.

His behavior outside his cage today has been much much better! He is getting very good and reliable at "Off". He sits 99% of the time even when he is excited or distracted. He also lays down without me having to keep his bum down. He's been much more responsive to his name and being called. His neuter still seems fine and is not hindering him at all. I think I will probably take him out before the 2 weeks simply because he needs the exercise.

Tomorrow will be a good test for him. Jared and I both will be in and out most of the day if not just plain old gone.

Goals for tomorrow - continue to improve "get in your bed". He's starting to go in a bit more willingly for me. He pretty much knows it means we're leaving so it's not his favourite. Keep working on Sit and Down - Add Stay!

Pictures: Monte and Jack getting a tan and Patrick sleeping with Monte's Bone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE A GREAT AUNTIE!